Take a trip back to a friendlier time when the laughter around the table was as hearty as the meals themselves.
Experience a Montana dude ranch between West Yellowstone and Bozeman where you'll slip into comfort better than the best worn pair of cowboy boots.
A place where you'll become closer as a family ...
But still have all the space you want to experience vacation on your terms as your kids pursue their own activities.
- Ride horses hand selected by wranglers for your riding style and experience level
- Heed the call of the dinner bell to satisfying, home cooked Western meals
- Get your family off the tech and into the outdoors for a meaningful week
- Enjoy horseback riding, fly fishing lessons and many more activities included with your stay
- Join the hundreds of guests who return every year for decades to stay at historic cabins at a true Western ranch
- Feel like part of the family as the Kelsey family, who has run Nine Quarter Circle Ranch for more than 70 years, adopts you
Amazing Dude Ranch Experience
Cozy up in cabins built from timbers sourced right from the Nine Quarter Circle Guest Ranch. Genuine log construction on the outside cedes to comfortable insides complete with quilts and furniture handmade on the ranch.
Work up an appetite. You're gonna need it. Expect hearty home-cooked meals made with local ingredients and a Western flair. Our dining hall, located in the lodge, is at the heart of your ranch experience.
Don't worry about a thing. Whether you want to take a fly fishing lesson, take a pack trip into the wilderness, ride horses each day, square dance, quilt or take a hayride, it's all included with your stay. Welcome to Western hospitality.
We offer the following amenities for your comfort and enjoyment:
Wi-Fi in the main lodge, also accessible in other areas of the ranch
Picnic lunches to go
Ranch Trading Post for basic necessities, fishing basics, fishing licenses, flies, gifts, beer, and wine
Coin-op laundry (bring your own detergent or buy at the General Store)
Fly casting instruction
Airport pick up and drop off (nominal fee)
- General Store for basic necessities, fishing basics, fishing licenses, flies, gifts, beer, and wine
- Happy Hour snacks & mixers (alcohol is BYOB)
Wireless internet access is now available at the ranch. We do not provide a computer or laptop but do have a router and wireless service available in our main lodge area; allocated hours are during the day for peak performance.
Cell Phone Service
Cell phone service is not available at the ranch due to our mountainous location. The nearest cell phone reception is in Big Sky or West Yellowstone, Montana. But as we like to say around here, "No cell service? No problem." Big Sky country offers better things to do. However, WiFi calling is easily setup for capable phones.
Disconnect from technology. Reconnect with your kids.
Families choose how they experience the ranch. From selecting activities every day to deciding whether they'd prefer to eat with one another or with new friends.
For the youngest children (ages 0-5), we provide free babysitting with your stay. While you're free to experience the ranch at your pace, the kids will get their own taste of ranch life.
Older kids (ages 6-9) will get their own horse, and instruction from our kiddie wrangler. This "rough riders" program is designed to help them take the reins confidently.